Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Spiritual Law of ATTACHMENT

You can have anything you wish in your life  -  but if your sense of self-worth or your happiness depends on having it, then you are ‘attached’ to it.
         
Whoever or whatever you are attached to, can manipulate and control you.

Cords are formed between people who have unresolved issues between them.  Every time you send thoughts or words of anger, jealousy, hurt, envy or need to someone, you manifest a tiny thread which attaches to them.  An occasional thought may dissolve it, but if you consistently send negative feelings out, the threads will form ropes or cords.  These will remain and bind you together, until they are released.
         
In subsequence lifetimes the cords will reactivate and draw you inevitably towards those with whom you have unresolved issues.  This is to enable the soul the opportunity to do things differently. We can be attached to things or objects.  Negative energies such as greed, pride, envy and need can send huge cords to objects like houses, cars, bank balances and jobs.  This is why it is called ‘the trappings of wealth’.
         
You can, of course, have a beautiful home, a great job and a lovely car to drive  -  but, if you need to live in that beautiful home and you need to drive that fancy car to give you status or security, it then becomes a ‘trapping’.
         
In regards to relationships, you are entitled to enjoy a wonderful, loving relationship with a suitable partner.
         
Neediness though, cords you to your partner with the result that you are pulled to and fro emotionally (and psychically).  Co-dependant relationships enmesh you in cords so that it is difficult to feel objective about the relationship, or to leave your partner.  You are bound.
         
When a parent becomes bound to their child it becomes difficult to release them into adulthood.  A child may be so attached to a parent that it is difficult to form and maintain mature, adult relationships with a partner.
         
Attachment is ‘conditional’ love.  Unconditional love dissolves the cords that bind.  If you need someone to behave in a certain way in order to love them, then that is NOT love – it is attachment.
         
We hold (and cling) onto others for our sake, not theirs.

When we put our hopes, desires and expectations on people, they react from their own patterns.  When we accept them as they are, this is Love.
                   
It is very common for a whole family to be entangled in cords of co-dependency. Shame and guilt bind you to memories and hold you back.  When you are ready to forgive yourself for your past actions, you dissolve these restricting cords and the memory loses its energy.

Forgiveness dissolves cords for all time.  Our souls wish for us to face and release all our unresolved issues and life lessons so that we are free to move forward.  When you forgive someone and totally let go of what has happened in the past, you free both that person and yourself.
         
The most powerful way of releasing attachment is by intention, visualization and unconditional love for the self and others.


*
Joanne Walmsley
Sacred Scribes

10 comments:

  1. This sound's interesting. This sound's pretty neat. I have heard of the Law of Attraction before, but the Law of Attachment, yeah sound's right. Well I think I am doing thing's right, but then again... Jealousy, it come's and goes.. a lot. I hate it. But I'm hating a lot right now with my life. There's a man out there named Ryan, he lives in Louisiana, and I live in Missouri, named Katie. I truly feel it in my heart, the deepest part of my SOUL, that he really is the one. I am easy to love but not a person whose had LOVE (except from friend's and family saying that they love me, but it's actually different love from both the friend's and the family).. I don't want to start a family, never, I want Ryan to mutually feel the same way as myself about never wanting to do that, but I want Ryan to mutually feel the same way as myself. Always and forever. I just wish, so much, because I pray to GOD all the time - and yes it's not just God either- I wish that Ryan would come back to me. Such an important part of the life I was living. He made everything for this disabled woman BETTER, when we talked he literally made me FORGET about all my HEALTH problems. And made the world seem empty and it was just the two of us.. It's a very lovely thing if you think about it!! I miss Ryan with all of my heart & soul and would help him out with everything and anything, and to have him do the same for me. He's a lovely wonderful creative & oh so talented man for sure (he's in 2 band's, lead singer of Mule Skinner from New Orleans Louisiana and Recluse as well).. He's a busy man for sure. I wish n pray, hope to god, that Ryan come's to his sense's and realizes what he gave up, a woman that loved and cared for him for 11 year's, and always showed him the utmost kindness, and support. 1 day I show worry for him n his sister n his friend's because of the gun shooting's and people being hurt or dying in New Orleans, and suddenly, I am so sad it was day's till I heard from him again.. When I finally do I just got so damn excited like a dog seeing their owner again, and the dog is just all crazy.. I feel bad, and I wish that I could go back to that time.. I miss Ryan so much. So incredibly F'n much.. It hurt's my heart, it's been MONTH'S... I want and yes NEED him back. Like I said, an important part to my life, i'm disabled, he made me feel better.. now since he left me month's ago, thing's have been LITERALLY horrible for me. Health u_u ... GOD I need Ryan back... is there anything at all that you can do to help me better understand this LoA?? Thank you, thank you so much!! -Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. You must let him Go. Anything or anyone that is meant to be, will be drawn back together by law of the universe. If he is for you, he has no choice but to come back. But for now, just remember the good times and stop putting to much thought into reuniting. Trust me, I had a very similar situstion. And through all the hurt and suffering I've experienced with out him, guess what? God blessed me with some one with the exact same characteristics but greater! I can't stop crying about it. I'm in such awe.

      Delete
    3. Katie, how are you doing today?

      There are some beautiful and amazing things in life, and I suspect you've found some of them in the 4 years since this was posted.

      I know I have... and I had a lot to learn. I had to humble myself and dissect every aspect of myself to find myself and all I had to offer, and everything I had to share with others.

      I truly hope you are doing well... But I know you are and have some amazing things coming your way, and I am happy for you. You deserve them.

      Sincerely,
      Another man from Louisiana

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cautionary advice that I think many people need to think seriously about. The Law of Attachment as described in this blog post is similar to the Buddhist teaching that obsessive attachment can cause suffering. It is not easy to let go of those kind of feelings when a person is feeling emotional pain, but true feelings of love for another should be free of selfishness and possessiveness and allow another person to willingly share their love, not be coerced into it. The Law of Attraction is not to be used for purposes of trying to get someone to do what you want them to do - that is the ego's attempt to control and manipulate a person or situation. Everyone has a right to free will and a right to choose their own path in life, whether to be in relationship with others or not. The ego often attempts to control and manipulate other people "out of love" because it fears abandonment. Our souls know that love must be allowed to express freely, otherwise the energetic cords of attachment (obsession or possessiveness) creates unhappy feelings and circumstances. It is much better to let go of our unhealthy attachments to people and choose instead to develop good will energy toward others, such as wishing another person happiness and that they be guided by love and wisdom in their actions within relationships. Be genuinely happy for other people. When you express genuine happiness, good will and unconditional (attachment free) love for another person, the Law of Attraction will actually reciprocate and bring you the equivalent of those good feelings. This is the right spiritual use for the LOA. Be happy also with who you are, and allow yourself to be free of unhealthy attachments to other people. Choose instead to attract happy, healthy, respectful relationships with people. Then you will know you are practicing the Law of Attraction according to higher spiritual principles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie, that was a beautiful answer. It’s the exact right way to bring into our lives the people and relationships that bring the most harmony and happiness. It’s not an overnight process but a richly rewarding one by setting our intentions daily with the truest heart and belief that we are all love able and equally deserving of a balanced love. Thank you 🙏🏻

      Delete
  4. How do I become happy with myself along with all my mistakes and shortcomings? How can I truly love myself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By forgiving yourself for all your mistakes and shortcomings. By giving unconditional love to yourself despite mistakes and shortcomings.

      Delete